The holidays are over, your enthusiasm for starting new resolutions is peaking, and you are tired of the dull, dreary monotony. Here are a few fun ways to get your feel good groove back:
- Turn your car into your own spa zone. Being a mom of two active girls means I drive. A lot. So I take my favorite blend on the road. This can be as simple as a few drops on a cotton pad in a diffuser clip to the vent or you can go really glam and invest in a portable diffuser on the go that plugs into an outlet or jack. Have a few scents handy depending on what you need for the day. A calming one is great if I am carpooling 6 noisy 4th graders on a field trip. An energy boost is what I need for going straight through after school swim team and homework. Sure beats the lingering scent of dirty socks and old string cheese.
- Rollers on the go. Love these little babies! And they are so easy to make. If you have a favorite oil or blend, why not make a roller to toss in your purse for handy applications throughout the day. Move over Book Club, Roller making club is where it’s at! Sharing blends and combos makes for great education and experimentation, and it’s an economical way to make a blend by sharing with friends before you invest in an oil you don’t have. Splurge on a few pretty bottles and dried botanicals. These can often be wearable creations too!
- Recipes. Cooking with oils opens up a whole new avenue for the foodie. Research recipes that incorporate oils. This can also be a great way to enhance or spruce up a health or fitness resolution you made for this year. Why not host a recipe swap and potluck?
- Spring cleaning. Oils are a fantastic complement to keeping your house in order. From lavender sheets to Thieves natural cleaning spray, there are many ways oils can be used in your household chores. Oils are a natural deterrent to bacteria buildup as well. Plus, it’s a great way to use up a few last drops of a bottle.
- Bath botanicals. Love that invigorating Eucalyptus spray in the luxury spa steam room? Why not create your own? Add to that a few bath bombs, homemade soaps and even hair care products. These make lovely gifts as well.